Don’t you love to see how usually plastic things are produced in wood? We’ll show you some general steps that a piece of wood makes until it becomes a pair of wooden sunglasses.
Wooden sunglasses are usually either fully hand crafted or machine cut and hand-finished.
There are a few masters in the world who keep the production cycle completely hand made, they create their pieces on order and they are quite costly.
Sometimes people try to create wooden sunglasses at home just once or twice more for personal use or as woodwork hobby fun.
More often, however, wooden sunglasses manufacturers choose technologies to optimize the process and time consumption.
- First and foremost any wooden sunglasses are to be designed. Sunnies frame shape, sizes, all small openings and details compatibility are designed and projected at this stage. CAD programs are commonly used for bulk manufacturing when machine cutting is the next step.
- However even a paper draft may serve you well if you plan to make a pair of wooden sunglasses for yourself.
- After you’re satisfied with wooden sunglasses design it’s time to make them live. Cut out the frame shape you have prepared
- Wooden frames for sunnies can be hand cut although it takes a while, either cut out by a scrollsaw, or laser cut. Wooden temples are cut out in the same way.
- Some wooden frames are shaped under pressure to get that natural bend to better fit the face. However some wooden sunglasses models are directly created just plain.
- Sanding wooden eyewear frames and polishing them comes next.
- Finish cover is usually applied to wood, that is usually color or transparent finish, natural oils.
- Preparing wooden eyewear frames for inserting lenses. A small rim is usually made to place the lenses correctly.
- The lenses are inserted and wooden sunglasses are almost ready to go.
- Metal spring hinges are glued into the temple. Temples are assembled with frames.
All manufacturers have their preferred ways of producing wooden sunglasses, instruments and machines applied, hinges and lenses used, balance between hand and machine work, finishing polish, metal elements or all wood, species of wood, type of wood – solid, plywood or wooden veneers. And it makes us happy! So many talented manufacturers, so many designs and shapes, so many colors, so many for us to tell you.